Tuesday 4 September 2012

A Suit is To Women ....



Growing up, I never took into account how important a well tailored suit was. Only as I got older I started to realise that a well tailored suit basically is to women what lingerie is to men. Now I go to a fair number of events that require that you wear a suit and on my travels i always seem to see the craziest of things. So I thought I would write my 3 tips on what I feel will help you have that cutting edge in the suit game.

These are my 3 Major tips regarding suits ...
 
1. Tailoring - Lets Begin Here shall we ... To me this is the most important factor when talking about suits. This is what so many men get wrong!! Wearing a suit that resembles a poncho is never the way forward. Fellas, trust me when I say it's all about the cut ... It's all about the cut!!! If you go to a good tailor, he will give you that fitted look that hugs your physique but will not make you look as though your neck is squashing through!! Some men don't know the importance of tailoring and will buy a suit from Marks and Spencers and it can all go wrong from there.


 
2. Colour - Fellas ... Please, I don't know what's possessed these so called style gurus but coloured suits are not for everyone. Its a fairly intricate process to attempt to either colour block or put together a non-comprising suit! If your new to the suit game, I would strongly recommend you just take it easy and stick to what you know. This personally works for me and may not be your cup of tea but I've always found that black, grey and navy blue are usually the best colours in regard to suits. They tend to give you everything you may need and a better variety. Some men feel as though those these colours in particular are too safe and you won't be noticed but let me set something straight ... You must wear the suit and not the other way round! When you have 
 upgraded a few levels then I'd advise you to mix it up and see what creations you can conjure up




3. Don't Be afraid to spend - Now, we are not millionaires and some people won't have the finances to go and spend x amount on suits. Let me tell you this when it comes to suits I'd rather spare no expense. To me, I believe a suit is an investment that can be stored for a long period time. Its like shoes, so many men do not have an array of shoes in their collection also an investment that you can frequently use at a later date. Spending £60 on a suit immediately isn't the way forward. Instead of having to go places and be forced to spend crazy amounts of money there are stores that can cater to your financial needs... Topman do some great slim fit suits, TM Lewin, Hugo Boss and a few others. If money is not an option and your desperate to get that perfect suit then places such as Tom Ford and the famous Savile Row are what your looking for.








2 comments: